Participants in the Mississippi Teacher Corps receive the following benefits:
- Full scholarship for a Master of Arts Degree in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Mississippi
- Scholarships to cover textbooks and course fees
- Class A teaching license
- $1,000 summer stipend to help cover moving & incidental expenses (half paid before the middle of July, half paid before the middle of August)*
- Free on-campus housing during the summer training program
- Breakfast and lunch during the summer training program
- Free hotel room on Friday and Saturday nights when classes meet in Oxford
- Job placement in a critical-needs school in Mississippi
- Full-time salary and benefits from your school district
- Mentoring and support from the MTC administration, second-year teachers and alumni
*Participants who apply for additional financial aid while a participant of MTC will have their stipends applied to any loans they receive.
- An Undergraduate degree with significant coursework (12-18 hours, depending on the subject) in at least one of the following areas: math, science, English, or social studies.
- 3.0 GPA in undergraduate coursework.
- 21 ACT composite score, or 990 SAT composite score, or passing scores on the Praxis Core test (Reading: 156, Writing: 162, Math 150).*
- Passing score on the Praxis II test in the subject area you wish to teach (click here for more information on the PRAXIS tests)*
* Application to the program can occur before taking the Praxis exam(s). Acceptance to the program can occur before test scores are confirmed, but full admittance to the program requires passing the testing requirements.