Research reports, studies, and dissertations about the Mississippi Teacher Corps (MTC):
- A Report on Quitting A 43 minute video presentation by Jennifer Nelson summarizing her 2011-2012 research (2012)
- A Qualitative Report on Quitting, Part III-Interviewing the Master Teachers by Jennifer Nelson (2012)
- A Qualitative Report on Quitting, Part II-Interviewing the Stayers by Jennifer Nelson (2012)
- Who Stays and Who Prospers, Part II by Jennifer Nelson (2011)
- A Qualitative Report on Quitting, Part I-Interviewing the Quitters-Updated by Jennifer Nelson (2011)
- A Qualitative Report on Quitting, Part I-Interviewing the Quitters by Jennifer Nelson (2011)
- Who Stays and Who Prospers in MTC, Part I by Jennifer Nelson (2011)
- Mississippi Teacher Corps Alumni Survey Report by James Cooper (2011)
- Mississippi Teacher Corps 2010 Evaluation Report by the Center for Education and Research (2011)
- Report of the Effect of Mississippi Teacher Corps Teachers During the 2010 Extended School Year Program (2010)
- The Mississippi Teacher Corps: A Descriptive Study of Former Participants’ Continued Commitment to and Involvement in Education by Germain McConnell (2005)
- The Mississippi Teacher Corps: 1989-1997 by Whitney Thompson (1997)
MTC belives in making all data sets “open source” and available to the public. Data is offered in three formats. XLXS is the Microsoft Excel 2007 format. XLS is the Microsoft Excel 1997 format. CSV is comma separated values format.
Test Scores from Rural School District
This data set includes fall and spring test scores (as a class average) for every math and English teacher in a rural Mississippi School District. The test is the the “Measure of Academic Progress (MAPS)” given by the Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA). More information about MAPS and NWEA can be found here.